Boundless Summer Challenge #8

Boundless Summer Challenge #8
Romans 12:3-8

AHHH another memorization....that was honestly my thought. But here I am again memorizing another portion of Romans 12. But while its hard to memorize I do feel that it is something that I can do, by the grace of God. I know that Satan would want to me to look and say that no I can't do it because I am horrible at memorizing things, but God says to hide his word in my heart and so I will. No matter what it takes. And this time around I don't have the excuse of 5 different verses that I have to memorize for VBS. And if my little group of 4 year-olds can memorize one verse from Proverbs in 5 days I think I can do this!! There that was my little pep talk to myself. :)

Romans 12:3-8.... “For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to thing of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we though many, are one body in Christ and individually members of one another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.”

I love the fact that God has individuality within His body. If we were all the same then life would just be boring, I think. But he also has a caution for us to not let it get to our heads, which is way to easy to do. I think the phrase that stuck out to me the most was the one that says “ having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them.” God doesn't want us sitting around waiting for things to happen. He has saved us, he has given us each a measure of grace, so what then are we going to do with it. Sit around and wait for opportunity to knock or go out there and be intentional in our gifts of community.  

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Contact at APU

Contact at APU

SwagBucks

Search & Win

Contact me @ APU!

USPS Mail:
Nicole Yost
Azusa Pacific University
P.O. Box 9521 Unit 5026
Azusa, CA 91702
Other Couriers:
Nicole Yost
Azusa Pacific University
701 E. Foothill Blvd. Unit 5026
Azusa, CA 91702
Phone:
937-308-0985
E-mail:
nicole@goinx.com
nyost09@apu.edu
nicoleyost.blogspot.com
My Photo
Nicole Marie
Azusa Pacific University, 2011 Social Work Student. Los Angeles, California. Being Aunt Cole to my niece Kinzie Blaze. My Family. My Church family at Grace. The color Orange. Beaches. Photography. Family. Church. Reformed Theology. Ohio State Football. Kids. Shorts and Flipflops. Travel. 3rd World Country's. Sunshine. Graphic Design. Music. Movies old&new This is me and so much more
View my complete profile

Recent Comments