Boundless Summer Challenge #7

Boundless Summer Challenge #7
Relationships from another perspective...

All around me I have seen relationships, but probably the most influential one in my 22.75+ years of living has been that of my parents 29 years of marriage. I never really got to watch my grandparents marriage as my grandfather died when I was 3 months old. I feel like my mom has the most to share and I feel like what she shares is probably the most important and the most biblical.
The one thing that my mom said is that life is not all about you. And that in a marriage it is all about reverencing your husband and giving him the honor that he deserves as a man. It is these things that has made my parents marriage stronger and better and I want a marriage like theirs some day.

Community....
Romans 12:1-8 and "We, Though Many, are one Body in Christ," by John Piper
I never really realized just how vital and just how important Christian community is to our lives. But reading Romans 12:1-8 I see just how much emphasis God is placing on the others in our lives and doing the one anothers with each other. I hadn't thought about for awhile that when I trusted in Christ as my Savior there was a union that is established between me and Christ in such a way that everything in Christ that can be shared will be shared with me. Everything that he is, and everything that he has can be shared will be shared with me except for his diety and his unique God attributes.
Secondly my individual identity, as God has created me to be- cannot be known except in serving you as I rely upon Christ. And Yours cannot be known except in serving others in reliance on Christ. It is such a counter-cultural idea that we are not our own really we are God's and we are a part of His body. But how much better is our christian life when we have this intentional christian community all around us.
I love this idea that unity of the body of Christ is created in Jesus Christ. And that my individuality is valued in Christ- and it is discovered in the body of Christ.
At the end of the day I want to stand in awe of Christ , I want to love Christ deeper, I want to admire Christ more, and I want to follow Christ and enjoy making much of Christ above all things. 

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Contact at APU

Contact at APU

SwagBucks

Search & Win

Contact me @ APU!

USPS Mail:
Nicole Yost
Azusa Pacific University
P.O. Box 9521 Unit 5026
Azusa, CA 91702
Other Couriers:
Nicole Yost
Azusa Pacific University
701 E. Foothill Blvd. Unit 5026
Azusa, CA 91702
Phone:
937-308-0985
E-mail:
nicole@goinx.com
nyost09@apu.edu
nicoleyost.blogspot.com
My Photo
Nicole Marie
Azusa Pacific University, 2011 Social Work Student. Los Angeles, California. Being Aunt Cole to my niece Kinzie Blaze. My Family. My Church family at Grace. The color Orange. Beaches. Photography. Family. Church. Reformed Theology. Ohio State Football. Kids. Shorts and Flipflops. Travel. 3rd World Country's. Sunshine. Graphic Design. Music. Movies old&new This is me and so much more
View my complete profile

Recent Comments