Hosanna in the highest...GOD IS GOOD

AH, so much has happened in the last week, the last month, the last semester, and really the last year....so much to give all the glory to God, as I have slowly come to realize the blessings in even the hard things....as I see them work for a much greater glory than my own....what follows are my encounters with God in my everyday life.......
!!GOD IS GOOD!!

I am most psyched about coming home for the summer....I do love my life here...but I am ready for home....:) I will be home 2 weeks from right now!!! I cannot wait!!! I am flying out of LAX on Wednesday June 2nd at 10:55 pm and I will arrive at Dayton International Airport at 9:08 am on Thursday June 3rd!!! It will be a grand day!!!
!!GOD IS GOOD!!

In particular because I will get to meet for the very first time, a little girl who has completely stolen my heart, and I am pretty sure that she's got me wrapped around her finger already!! Meet my niece, Kinzie Blaze Yost born May 11, 2010
I love you so much already!!
!!GOD IS GOOD!!

A few weeks ago, right in the midst of the chaos of moving, I received this amazing opportunity...
you see there had been this contest on Josh Harris's website to win free registration to NEXT. All one had to do was promote the conference. I had already said there was no way I could go....school had 1 week left, money, plane ticket, conference registration, hotel....and just to much going on....Thinking I wouldn't win, but the conference is worth it, so I just decided to promote it anyways....well a week later.....i WON FREE REGISTRATION!!!
While talking with my best friend....and looking at plane tickets to Baltimore....I decided to just do it and trust God with the details!!!
So over Memorial Day weekend, you will find me on an airplane and then hanging out with good friends, good conversations, good speaking, good music, and just generally having an amazing time in Baltimore....I am SUPER STOKED about going.....
!!GOD IS GOOD!!
and God blessed me with a plane ticket on Priceline last night....not the most ideal times and such but cheaper than the going rate, although more than I had wished to pay...but how many opportunities in one's life do you really get like this??So I am saving my money...eating lots of PB&J, soup, and mac and cheese...and somehow I got this really bad canker sore which meant I had to watch what I eat...no acid, no spicy, and soft food...in essence no chipotle from across the street....but i am saving the money!!! and I was able to keep my student worker job even after the semester ended and many students have to find other summer work....
and I WILL trust God with the small stuff, like now paying for this ticket.... and live and love in the moment.
[We all base our lives on what we believe God is like, but is what we believe about God true?]
!!GOD IS GOOD!!

The last time I wrote, I was in the throes of THE worst semester of my educational career....for some reason Spring Semester Junior Year, Social Work at APU is incredibly intense. There was ALOT of out of the classroom work to be done, a lot of group work to be done, and a lot of papers to be written, particularly the reflection and research kind..... It was pretty much non stop all 16 weeks long....never time to relax, never time to breathe.....in particular the next to last week had about 70 pages of paper due all within 4 days time....a few 10 pagers, and a 20 pager, and 1 pagers thrown in the mix.....
So i think I spent more time in the library this week than I did any other place. Thankfully it was open until 3 AM and I was there until then, and then some.....the week resulted in more than 1 all nighter and i think I got about 7 hours of sleep all week....
But I made it!! and I got through finals week....and now it is all behind me!!
!!GOD IS GOOD!!

Remarkably enough....I also got the best grades that I have ever gotten in all my semesters of college.... hmmm it does make me wonder if my theory is true...that I do produce my best work under pressure.... I still am lacking 1 official grade, but I think I know what I have so it looks like I am walking away with a 3.7 GPA for the semester, and a 3.44 overall...I am happy with that!!
!!GOD IS GOOD!!

Along the same line of grades, is the Dean's List that I made it onto for last semester...I didn't even know it until my mom told me!!Made my momma proud which is always fun to do!!
!!GOD IS GOOD!!

So in the end.... all of this to say....that life....
its never easy, its rarely how we would want it to be....but the hard stuff...its pushes us to rely on, and to trust God even more....and if it weren't for Him, I would not even exist.... He has worked an amazing thing in my life...I can't wait to see what He has in store next!!
!!!GOD IS GOOD, PRAISE JESUS!!!


I see the king of glory
Coming on the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes
The whole earth shakes

I see his love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing
The people sing


Hosanna
Hosanna
Hosanna in the highest


I see a generation
Rising up to take their place
With selfless faith
With selfless faith

I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees
We're on our knees

Hosanna
Hosanna
Hosanna in the highest


Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I go from nothing to
Eternity


Hosanna in the highest

1 comments:

Charity said...

You are so right, dear Nicole . . . God IS good! I am praying that He gives you an unforgettable weekend at NEXT, and an amazing summer.

Newer Post Older Post Home

Contact at APU

Contact at APU

SwagBucks

Search & Win

Contact me @ APU!

USPS Mail:
Nicole Yost
Azusa Pacific University
P.O. Box 9521 Unit 5026
Azusa, CA 91702
Other Couriers:
Nicole Yost
Azusa Pacific University
701 E. Foothill Blvd. Unit 5026
Azusa, CA 91702
Phone:
937-308-0985
E-mail:
nicole@goinx.com
nyost09@apu.edu
nicoleyost.blogspot.com
My Photo
Nicole Marie
Azusa Pacific University, 2011 Social Work Student. Los Angeles, California. Being Aunt Cole to my niece Kinzie Blaze. My Family. My Church family at Grace. The color Orange. Beaches. Photography. Family. Church. Reformed Theology. Ohio State Football. Kids. Shorts and Flipflops. Travel. 3rd World Country's. Sunshine. Graphic Design. Music. Movies old&new This is me and so much more
View my complete profile

Recent Comments